A patient of one of my colleagues, away on vacation, came in for a problem he was having. We were in a fairly severe flu season and I noticed he had not been vaccinated. I asked him if he wanted a flu shot and he replied that he can get it for free at work. When I asked him if he was going to get one, he said no, that he didn’t believe in flu shots.
I've been using computers to improve medical care and make it more efficient for 20+ years. I enjoy photography, movies, fine food and writing.
- Quitting Smoking and Happiness
- If Doctors Ran Their Practice Like The Airlines
- Up in Arms, Up in Smoke
- Humor Down Under
- Who Are You Calling Old?
- Pierce County Medical Society Website Launch
- Tort Reform and Forced Sterilization in North Carolina
- Prostate Cancer – A Fish Tale
- Medication Small Print
- A New Target for Food Companies
- Mystery Photo
- Health in China
- Avoiding the Flu Shot
- PhRMA Two-Step Dance
- A Vacation to China
- An Epidemic of Gun Violence
- Off Label Drugs and Free Speech
- Aspirin – Coated or Naked – Does it Matter?
- Dangers of a Transparent Medical Record
- A Halloween Bladder Infection
- Matchmaker Matchmaker
- Over-the-Counter Confusion
- Chiropractic Care
- One Year Diet Costco Special
- Dinners and the Sunshine Law
- Running Late – Sometimes it’s Helpful
- Cataracts and Hip Fractures
- Tort Reform and the Sanctity of the Jury
- I’m An Olympic Hopeful
- Spam Flattery
- Making the Affordable Care Act Individual Mandate Work
- FDA and Generic OxyContin
- Do Missing Child Posters Work?
- Exam Room Miscommunication
- Ask the Doc: Human Growth Hormone
- Cruise Health
- American College of Physicians Internal Medicine 2012
- Testing Tribulations
- Drug Shortages and the Joint Commission Stance
- Mega Millions – What Would I Do?